Tuesday, October 21

Half-Lit Heart

Photobucket


Earlier tonight, I stared into the sky.
Only half the moon shone bright.
Only half of it gleamed white.
I thought, perhaps it might actually be so small?
That it, perhaps had something to do with the fall?
Or is the remaining half tucked tight away, just out of sight?
Is that it? Is it tucked tight away, just for tonight?
The clouds hung impossibly low overhead,
So that upon only half of its face,
Was the light willing to shed.
It becomes so clear that what I have seen,
Is really only half of the thing.
Now I come to find, that I've had it all wrong!
I doubt that what I saw was a moon at all,
It was my heart all along.
Looking to the sky, wondering why it revealed
Only half of itself to mine eye.
I am left with no choice,
But to remove that which leaves me blind.
I must find the source.
I must sever it with due force.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]