Saturday, October 18

Appleseed

Photobucket

O' friend of mine, you're always promising
Everything and nothing and anything
That comes to mind, with no concern
For whether they be truth or lies.

Somehow, deep inside of me,
Each promise sits just right, initially.
Like an anxious, sturdy appleseed,
Ready to mature, ripen and feed
Your lips happily.

But without hesitation, you bite right into me.
You lie to me. You lie to me!
What cruel, what wicked ways they are,
If you would only look and see!

My love keeps trying to grow for you.
Keeps struggling upward,
In hopes of a bit of light to accrue.

To such ascents, you often say "no,"
And that you like the window closed.
"It's cooler in here. Wait and you'll see."

I cannot fault you here, for I used to think so.
But you'd stunt me, a growing appleseed,
With no second thoughts, no need to redeem
Anything in which you find no meaning.

It's becoming more and more likely,
That you found me somewhere in the snow -
As I seem to be melted and fading,
All because of these misgivings
And you don't even seem to know.

The clock is telling me it's time for you to go,
Time for you to go and meet with Johnny.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]