Wednesday, September 17

Kindle My Soul, O' Friend

Photobucket


I look at my blurry reflection in the night window,
Neck arched, chest rising and falling, knees bent.
I am indeed the cause of it,
Though all I can see is my dear friend looking back.
She thinks so peacefully, graceful in her silence.
It is a joyful image.
There are no corners in this room, not really.
Just the ones that hold us together in time,
Though we are miles away.

We share so many things by way of reason and grace.
We walk on different paths, with different shoes,
And we face different demons.
Our purposes do not vary and we fear not.
Her being holds me up and comforts me.
I praise He who brought her here; He who sustains her.
And I thank Him.

Life is a gripping struggle and a beautiful one.
It holds you tight if you let it,
And grounds you in thirst;
Drowns you in wholeness and memory.
Life is a concept,
Unknowably deep and ultimately satisfying at each turn.

We search in good faith and hope to meet at the end.
To speak and laugh and cry.
We hope. I hope.
Keep me in your thoughts and heart o' friend,
And I will keep you in mine, everlasting throughout time.
Kindle my soul, o' friend.
I will hold you close in heart and mind,
Everlasting throughout time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]